An alcohol or other drug issue in the family can have a big impact.
It can affect relationships, work, lifestyle, as well as mental and physical health. So, it’s common for friends or family to feel frustrated, upset or even scared.
All families are different, and everyone has different ways of coping. So, if you’re worried about a loved one, the best thing you can do is get the facts.
Come along to one of our information sessions, and speak with our caring facilitators.
We will always provide specialist, confidential and non-judgemental support.
At our session we will discuss:
- How to have a conversation with someone who has a substance use issue;
- How to set healthy boundaries and keep them;
- Information on why people use alcohol and other drugs;
- Information on lapse and relapse;
- Introduction to the Stages of Behaviour Change;
- Trustworthy information about alcohol and other drugs and their effects;
- Information on how to navigate the alcohol and other drug treatment system;
- Accessing support for family members, including connection to ongoing social or health services.
About Breakthrough for Families Qld
Breakthrough for Families Qld is a free program that helps people affected by another person’s alcohol or other drug use. Families and community members can attend the information sessions. Further, families can access ongoing tailored individual support.
We're Here to help
if you have any enquiries feedback or
suggestions regarding our services and
support, we'd love to hear from you.