Since we were established in 1980, our organisation has grown to offer holistic suite of programs and services that address alcohol and other drug harms at every level. We are proud to mark a milestone in our history, the launch of our new brand, signifying the formation of one specialist group providing awareness, rehabilitation and management in cities, country towns and rural communities across Australia.
Our Brand Story
Drug ARM delivers 30 quality programs and services across 3 state jurisdictions. We service over 40 cities, country towns and rural communities from Bowen in Queensland to Kangaroo Island in South Australia.
Each year we have over 45,500 positive interactions with Australians in our work to address the harms associated with alcohol and other drugs.
Key Highlights 18/19
- Our volunteers gave 58,880 hours to our mission, providing over $1.5million in in-kind support
- Over 2,315 people participated in our support groups
- Through online channels, we raised awareness of mental health with 132,000 reactions, 8,600 comments and 4,400 shares on our social pages
- We included 145 new print resources in our Library and Information Centre
- Our Gold Coast Schoolies volunteers handed our over 23,000 cups of water to young people attending the week
- Our outreach services provided 378 patrols during the year
- We collected 411 surveys on risk taking behaviour of young people at Gold Coast Schoolies Week
- Over 460 volunteers helped us achieve our mission throughout the year
- Our trainers delivered mental health awareness sessions to more than 250 participants, including corporates, government, schools and police.
- We provided 38% more paper literature resources than the previous year
These are just some of the achievements made possible through the generous support of the community.
The Drug Awareness and Relief Foundation (Australia) is the parent organisation of Drug ARM. Our Foundation is a benevolent institution that generates funds for Drug ARM programs and services.
Throughout our history, Drug ARM has always been a non-denominational Christian organisation. Today our organisation continues to be driven by our Christian purpose, and our programs and services are led by our Spiritual Principles.
Our leadership team have a diverse range of qualities and experience, directing our wide range of business and service delivery operations.
Meet our team
We can trace our roots back to 1849, at the beginning of the movement to reduce alcohol related harms in Australia.
We're Here to help
if you have any enquiries feedback or
suggestions regarding our services and
support, we'd love to hear from you.