Personal information collected by Drug ARM (the organisation) is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the ‘Privacy Act’). Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you and includes sensitive health information.
The organisation follows the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act in handling personal information from clients/beneficiaries, business partners, donors, members of the public and Drug ARM people (including members, volunteers, employees, delegates, candidates for volunteer work and prospective employees).
The primary purpose for collecting personal information from you is to provide treatment, training, information, and education services to people in need, including planning, funding, monitoring and evaluating our services. The kind of personal information we collect will depend on your relationship with us (e.g. as a client, donor, business partner, employee, volunteer or member, online user of Drug ARM website).
We usually collect personal information directly from you. However, we sometimes collect personal information from a third party such as your carer, trustee or authorised representative or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- You have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect your personal information in this way, or
- If it is necessary for a specific purpose.
We only collect personal information for purposes that are reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities. Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide you with a service
- Provide you with educational information on alcohol and other drugs, mental health, human services industry development and training
- Report to government or other funding bodies how the funding is used
- Process your donation or purchase and provide receipts
- Communicate with you about how your donation is used or about our services, causes, events which we believe may be of interest to you
- Respond to your feedback or complaint
- Answer your queries.
It may also be used for:
- Any other purpose for which it was requested and which was advised by you
- Directly related purposes.
Please be assured that wherever possible Drug ARM uses information in a de-identified form. Personal information will not be disclosed to third parties without your permission, except where permitted or required under the Privacy Act.
We take steps to protect all personal, sensitive and health information and government related identifiers held by us against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
If you are listed on one or more of our network email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by contacting us.
GPO Box 590, Brisbane QLD 4001
We're Here to help
if you have any enquiries feedback or
suggestions regarding our services and
support, we'd love to hear from you.