What we do
The Drug ARM Library is a public lending library with a specialist focus on alcohol and other drugs and mental health. We offer a range of library and information services, including our online catalogue and resources for people with lived experience, their families, their communities, and the professionals that work with them.
Each month we publish a new list of recommendations including the latest resources in the library, our most requested resources and resources relating to our monthly theme. This month’s theme is Worker Wellbeing.
Becoming a member
We are a public library and anyone is able to become a member.
Becoming a member is easy and free. Benefits of membership include:
- Loans of resources
- Access to online materials reserved for members
- Access to updates and current awareness services
- Ability to create personalised online account with lists, tagging and commenting features
Steps to becoming a member:
- Download the library membership form
- Return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The library will then contact you
Drug ARM staff become members at induction. Volunteers are not routinely made members of the resource centre, though it is encouraged.
The library is located at Level 1, 493A Ipswich Road, Annerley, Brisbane where both members and non-members are welcome to visit to:
- Read books, magazines and journals, brochures and pamphlets
- Use the internet and computers
- Seek advice and assistance from library staff
- Utilise the air-conditioned reading space and photocopying services
- Use the two computers in our library
The library is a short walk from the Fairfield Train Station and serviced by buses that run to Annerley Road and Ipswich Road, as well as the Greenslopes Busway Station. For further details visit the Translink site. Limited street parking is also available..
Our Library is also responsible for the stewardship and preservation of an archive collection documenting the history of the organisation and significant historical alcohol and other drug policy movements, including temperance, in Australia
Ask A Librarian
Looking for a specific resource or not sure where to start? Ask our Librarian!
Ask a Librarian
A collection of Drug ARM’s published resources including fact sheets, professional tools and our Matters of Substance.
We're Here to help
if you have any enquiries feedback or
suggestions regarding our services and
support, we'd love to hear from you.